Access Point Name (APN) itself is a special channel that is often referred to as a cellular network. It will function as a connecting bridge or gateway that has an important role to identify a network.
To set APN on a smartphone that we have is actually quite easy. You can configure via SMS or set it manually via network settings. Each provider must have different APN settings.
Well, this time YaTekno will discuss how to manually configure Access Point Name on android. Here are the steps.
Manage Internet APN on Android in 6 Easy Steps
- Select the “Settings” menu then choose “More Networks”.
- Then select “Mobile Networks” and tap “Access Point Name”.
- Select and configure GPRS or MMS configuration according to the provider you are using.
- If you want to create a new APN, tap the “+” button in the top right corner.
- After completing APN settings, select the menu button or “dot button” located in the upper right corner.
- Then tap the “Save” button to save it.
Each APN configuration that is owned by every provider in Indonesia is certainly different, such as XL, 3, Telkomsel, and others. Therefore you must adjust your internet configuration to suit your card.
If you are confused in setting the APN that matches the provider you are using, here YaTekno has succeeded in gathering official APN configurations for all operators.
Telkomsel APN configuration
APN: Telkomsel or internet
XL APN configuration
APN Three Configuration (3)
Configuring Indosat APN (IM3 and Mentari)
APN Axis configuration
Configuring the Smartfren APN
Dial number: # 777
User name: M8
After successfully filling out the APN based on the provider you are using, restart your android and then activate “Mobile Networks” so you can directly connect to the internet. How, very easy right, internet APN settings on Android?