|Image by 3D Animation Production Company from Pixabay|
When you forget your iPhone’s passcode, it’s very possible that you feel confused and don’t know what to do. The first thing you might do is googling to find a way out. Be thankful if you land on this page, because we will share ways to reopen a locked iPhone.
Before we proceed further, it is important to remember to always back up iPhone data regularly. The data can be backed up in the iCloud cloud computing service. An orderly step to back up iPhone data is very important because it will make it easier for us later to restore an iPhone that is locked because of a forgotten password.
If not, you can lose all the files on your iPhone when you want to unlock it without this password.
One way to unlock a locked iPhone is by way of recovery. To do this, the steps are as follows:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open the iTunes application
2. Force restart your iPhone
For iPhone 8 and later: Press and hold the volume up button and then press the volume down button. Next, press and hold the power button on the side of the phone. Your iPhone will enter the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 7: Press and hold the side button and the volume down button at the same time. Recovery mode will appear afterwards.
For older iPhones: Press and hold home and the power button above at the same time until the recovery mode screen appears.
3. The recovery mode screen will display the text “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.” Select Restore.
After that, the iPhone will restore which takes a few minutes. It can take more than 15 minutes, after that the iPhone will come out of the recovery mode screen. Don’t unplug your cellphone from the computer until the restore process is completely complete.
Once done, you can make adjustments and start using it again.
If you have backed up your iPhone, you can restore all your data and information with an Apple ID. Make sure you have connected to Wi-Fi before you start downloading data that has been backed up.
1. Enter ‘Apps & Data’ view, select Restore from iCloud Backup.
2. Sign in to iCloud using Apple ID
3. Select the latest backup
4. Log in to your Apple ID account to start restoring data
5. A bar appears that displays the progress of the restore process and estimated time of completion.
6. Complete iPhone settings and use again as usual
If you are still locked out after doing the same thing, you should immediately bring your iPhone to the nearest Apple service.