WhatsApp has a feature to share videos or photos via status, similar to the one in Snapchat stories. The photo will automatically be deleted within 24 hours thereafter.
But do you know how to save files that you like from your friends’ WhatsApp status without having to do a screenshot?
Reported by Gadgets Now, how not to use special applications. This method mostly works for all cellphone brands.
1. First, open WhatsApp and see the status you want to save
2. This method will copy photos or videos temporarily in local storage
3. Open the File Manager
4. Select ‘Settings’ or ‘Settings’ and activate ‘show hidden files’
5. After that, open WhatsApp> Media> .Statuses, and voila, the files you want to save will be available
6. Copy the photos or videos that you want to save to another folder.