|Photo by maxpixel.net|
Pancakes are a typical breakfast menu in England and America. If in the UK pancakes are more often eaten with sprinkled with refined sugar, in America pancakes are better known as sweet maple syrup toppings.
In Indonesia, although it is still rarely done, making pancakes themselves at home has started to be done a lot.
You are a beginner but want to try making it yourself? Don’t worry, making pancakes isn’t really that difficult, really. As reported by The Independent, the following are British and American pancake recipes that you can try at home.
100 g of flour
275 ml of semi-skim milk
Butter or vegetable oil for cooking
Caster sugar or refined sugar for sprinkles
How to make:
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add eggs and milk. Beat the mixture until all ingredients are unified and free of clumps.
2. Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Pour the pancake mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Leave it for about a minute before turning it over.
3. Lift the pancakes and serve with castor sugar topping on top.
1 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of white sugar
30 g of butter
225 g of flour
Butter or oil for cooking
Maple syrup as a topping
How to make:
1. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Then add the beaten egg, melted butter and milk.
2. Heat extra butter or oil in a smooth pan, pour the pancake mixture according to the size you want. After the top side looks bubbling, turn over the pancakes.
3. Lift the pancakes and serve with maple syrup topping.
Apart from castor sugar and maple syrup, there are other ingredients that you can make pancake toppings. Here are 10 of the most popular pancake toppings.
1. Juicing lemon juice and refined sugar
2. Maple syrup
3. Chocolate jam, peanut butter and bananas
4. Candied apples
5. Cherry and butter
1. Ham and cheese meat
2. Spinach stew and boiled eggs
3. Cheese grater
4. Mushroom and cheese pieces
5. Grilled meat and asparagus