You certainly don’t want your blog to be empty of visitors. Loneliness of visitors can mean the lack of ad clicks and, furthermore, the lack of sales of products that you offer on the main website. There are many ways to increase blog visitors that you can actually do yourself. We will discuss it one by one for you on this occasion.
Based on a study, only about 25% of all websites currently have more than 5000 new visitors every month. This means that the remaining 75% only get fewer daily visitors than that number.
Is your blog included in this 75% section? If so, our review this time can help you increase blog visitors, only through 4 ways!
Here are four ways to increase blog visitors that you can try on your own!
Option 1: Perform Blog Optimization for Search Engines
You must do SEO optimization on all your website content. This optimization will increase organic visitors, or visitors who come from search engines.
The first step you need to do is to do keyword research. The goal, so that the articles you make use the right keywords. This is an aspect that is unfortunately often ruled out. Not a few website managers that display content on the internet without targeting the right keywords so that their website is empty of visitors. Even if this optimization is done, they have found a way to increase blog visitors that is effective and significantly influences.
There are many online tools that you can use to do keyword research. One of the most used is Google’s tool called Google Keyword Planner. You can use this tool to find out the average search for certain keywords in a period of one month, you can even display new keywords according to your wishes.
This keyword research process can only take a few minutes. What keywords do you need to prioritize? Of course popular keywords, keyword aliases that are widely used for search.
After finding the keywords that you want, then you need to start doing optimization on the website. SEO itself can be divided into two types.
- On-page SEO: Optimization on websites and content. Website managers have full control on On-page SEO.
- Off-page SEO: Most website owners think that off-page SEO is just a link building. However, actually anything you do outside the website such as social media, social bookmarking, and link building can be said to be an off-page SEO effort.
Both of the above are equally important and need to be done together. However, if not possible, you can focus on On-page SEO first, as suggested by many internet marketing experts and SEO experts.
Below are some aspects of the website that you need to pay attention to when doing On-page SEO optimization.
- Title Tag: Create an interesting title that contains the target keyword.
- Tag Description: Just like titles, descriptions must also be interesting and contain the keywords that you specify. A good description can produce high Click Through Rate.
- Keyword Tags: Even though these tags are no longer relevant to Google, you still need to use them for other search engines. You can enter a maximum of 10 keywords here.
- Heading: Search engines and website visitors like the right heading format, so that content is easier to read. Use the H1, H2, and H3 tags on the content and enter the keyword at least one of these tags.
- URL Structure: If possible, also enter keywords in the URL. Don’t use underscore, characters, or spaces. Please use the dash ‘dash’ or ‘strip’.
- Alt Text in Images: Alternative text is also a Google ranking factor. Therefore, you should keep the alt text in this image with the keyword.
- Content: In order for your website to get a good ranking on search engines, try to keep the content you create unique, fresh, and have benefits for readers.
- Website Speed: None of your website visitors like websites that are slow to access. Therefore, do speed optimization on the website. You can also use a Google tool called PageSpeed Insights to analyze the performance of a website.
After all the On-page SEO factors above you fully implement, then you need to do Off-page SEO optimization.
You can start leaving comments on blogs and forums that are related to the niche / theme of your website. Make sure you comment on the blog that provides a column to include your website URL, for example like this blog.
Submit your website to blog directories like Blogging Fusion. If you have good writing skills, you can also start by guesting on blogs on blogs that have similar themes to your website. Meanwhile, sharing articles on social networks and submitting on social bookmarking websites is another way to get backlinks. In addition to the ways aside, there are still many other ways you can use to create backlinks and do Off-page SEO optimization.
Option 2: How to Increase Blog Visitors with Paid Ads
Many internet marketing people do this because website promotion through paid advertising is the fastest way to get website visitors. It’s just that, this method requires a lot of money to advertise. In addition, to be more efficient you need to do periodic optimization to get the best conversion rate.
To get started, you can use the Google Adwords advertising service. This is Google’s service where advertisers can bid prices on each keyword that is available. The highest bidder has the right to display advertisements on Google search results pages as well as ad columns on Google Display Network partner websites.
In addition to Google Adwords, you can also use other services such as the following …
Option 3: Share the Website on Social Media
Making good quality articles is not enough to bring more visitors to your blog. Furthermore, you need to tell people about the article that you created. This is where social media can help you. Share your new articles through social media and this will be a way to increase your blog visitors in a short time.
Maybe you will experience a bit of confusion about which social media to share the articles you make. Our advice, prioritize social media that fits the niche of your website.
For example, Google+ will work optimally for B2B companies, while Twitter is more suitable for news websites. In general, the demography is like this. However, reassuring it, you can try several social media at once then make a comparison. Then you can use the most social media accounts that bring visitors.
Well, below is a list of social media that you can use to bring in more visitors …
Option 4: Increase Blog Visitors with Email Marketing
Email marketing is something that is often overlooked by website owners. In fact, sending an email directly to the subscriber inbox when there are new articles is a powerful way to increase visitors to the website.
You can start by creating an account on MailChimp, a service that provides various features for email marketing needs.
You need to remember that you should not overdo your e-mail marketing campaign. Our advice, you should start sending newsletters at least once a month to your website subscriber. If you feel it’s lacking, you can increase it to two weeks or once a week. Don’t forget the aspects of benefits in the content of the newsletter you send. You can enter blog posts and other useful information there and not just about discount information.
Those are some ways to increase blog visitors. Actually there are many other ways that you can use to increase visitors, for example using Google AMP.
On this occasion we only discuss 4 different ways that you can use to increase traffic to your website. All methods available to you. Now it’s your turn to try it one by one and determine which method is most suitable for your blog.
If you have questions or input regarding the discussion in this article, don’t hesitate to write it in the comments column at the end of this page. In addition, you can subscribe to our articles by subscribing to the available fields, we will send interesting articles directly to your email.